Saturday, July 17

Walking the Aisles of Nijiya

Today, I walked down the aisles of the Nijiya Market in Japantown.

I went to Japantown with my friends to go walk around, but the main purpose was to go karaoke-ing. The pictures of this day(07/17/2010) is overload so I've decided to split this day into 2(or 3) posts. In this post, we have the pictures I took at Nijiya with my phone.

I don't know if I should say "secretly" or not as I'm not really sure whether pictures are allowed or not. My main purpose of taking these pictures was actually to keep check of the prices of the items I wanted(though I didn't really deal with it through the day).

You can see that most items are $1.79, a bit pricey for candy that small, but pretty average for imported Japanese sweets. On this shelf you can see the Yogurt Drops (the box of blue candies) for $1.79 as well as Chelsea for $1.79. You can also see Blueberry and Ume (Japanese apricot) gum on the shelf below, but you can't see (and I can't remember) the price.

This is an adorable Rilakkuma chocolate lollipop for $1.89. Of course, I snatched it up. Something that cute must be kept, and you'll see it some time (soon?) on my other blog. On the right of the chocolate lollipop is Gummy Chocolates for $1.69. I'm not sure whether that's good or not, it sounds okay, but who knows. On the left, is some Doraemon gum for $0.99. I'm not too big a fan of gum or Doraemon, but perhaps I'll make the purchase some other time.

Here's some Fujiya Country Ma'am on sale, though not for that much less, at $3.49. I totally want a bag of this, but I wasn't able to make the purchase today as I only brought $20 with me. Next to the cookies you can see another type of cookies, Collon, for $1.99. I don't think I would ever really try this as I've heard it's not that good. Below you can see Gummy Choco for $3.49 and below that is Pocky.

Super Lemon Candy for $2.99. I've had one of these before and it was pretty sour. I would totally buy some, but I think it's cheaper at my local market.

Some candy by the company, Lion. Kiechau Candy on the left and Soda Kids on the right. Below you can see Kasugai Grape Gummy Candy, to the right of it is the Apple flavor. And I'm not sure what the candy is on the left.

Some Melon Ball Ice! I totally wanted this! Like seriously. And I could've afforded it too, but unfortunately I didn't come back to Nijiya until the end of the day so I couldn't get it because it was too late. I should've gotten it at first! I wonder if it's just ice that tastes like Melon, or actually Melon Ice Cream. The packaging is super cute and awesome though, that's a fact.

Yummy looking Ice Cream Daifuku! Coming in three flavors, Chocolate, Green Tea and Vanilla. $2.99 for 21 ice creams (7 of each flavor!). And there's a Melon Ball invading in forbidden territory.

Here's some awesome looking Taiyaki shaped ice cream. Super delicious looking for $6.99. I totally want it (and the last one) but there was no way I could buy it and have it not melt by the time I get home. I really wish they sold these ice creams individually.

And finally the soft drinks section for $2.49 plus tax. The bottom brown drink is Kirin Milk Tea. I also see Natchan(the orange and green drink). I really want to try some Natchan!

That's it for today! Come back tomorrow or the next day for more posts of this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment