Thursday, July 29

Walking with A and C^3

Today and yesterday will be split into two posts, in order from most awesome to least awesome.

So yesterday was totally awesome, because I was in the office during work and A, as well as K (an afterthought) were there. Well, first I tallyed up the Popularity Poll for the Yearbook, to help out J. And when I finished he told me to print it out on the office computer, so that's why. And A and K were in there because they were grading the tests.

I sat down at the computer while A got off (he wasn't working on it because J told him not to touch it), and K was on the computer next to me. But soon, K got lazy and made A do it. (Not that I completely mind). And he started asking about the secret friends that we were doing at work, because our staff dinner was tonight and the secret friends would be revealed. So K explained it, blah. Then, A asked me who my secret friend was (it was him!) and I'm like "I don't know". And he said, "I know who it is." I still wonder if he really did or not. Then we were doing our work (except for lazy K!) and A started singing, first to some song I don't know, and then to Wedding Dress! I thought that was super adorable!

Then the staff dinner was at C^3 and secret friends were revealed! We didn't have a whole table all to ourselves so we had to split up into small groups around the restaurant. So, for the secret friends, we just started off and walked around to the person we had, and when we gave the gift, they got up and went to their person, and so on. I got my present pretty quickly, it was D. It was kind of a lame present, Jelly Beans and Giftcard to Starbucks. I mean, not the best, but not terrible. And because it was D, a veteran, I was a bit disappointed (also because I didn't get anything all summer!) But I still appreciate it, since I do drink coffee and the jelly beans look tasty.

Then after I got my present, I went over to A's table and gave him the giftcard to Vans. I was pretty worried, because I thought the gift would be lame. But he was totally psyched about it, and that totally made my day (as well as his singing). I was thinking "Ugh, this is lame!" the whole time. And I handed it to him, and it was like "Omg! This is (insert adjective that I forgot). Thanks!" And I was, so happy. Because I was so dreading it the whole summer, and to see him sound and look so happy and excited about it, it seriously, made my day, or well, the whole summer totally worth it.

The food at C^3 was okay, only because I'm not really into that type of food. The desserts were AMAZING though! Well, 2/3. We wanted to order one for every person at our table, but we didn't want to bankrupt our bosses. So we just got 3. (I'm going to go least to best awesome for this).

First up is Flan. I thought it would be pretty cool/good. And it looked it too. But it turned out to not be so good. It was just...not good at all. The first bite, I didn't like the top layer of it only, because it was a weird texture and had no flavor. But the second bite, I disliked the whole thing. It just has a super weird texture and doesn't taste good.

Then was El Mango Tango, which I "ordered" (only because B ordered the Chocolate cake). The raspberry sauce was pretty good, but I didn't think it added much to the flavor, only to the appearance. This cake was more like, mango pudding covering vanilla cake, which was kind of a weird combo. It was still pretty good though. The mango pudding part was amazing, it tasted like fresh mangos, so good. But the cake part was the only part I disliked.

Finally, we have the Chocolate Mousse Triple Threat. I didn't think this would be that good, because I wasn't really in the mood for chocolate and because B ordered it (HATE her!). But B and J went back to the school to get some stuff, so we ate the dessert without them (Haha!). Anyways, back on to the topic, I didn't think this cake would be that good, but you see it's the most awesome. And it literally, and seriously was. It was like a piece of heaven. It was soooo good. It was sweet, but not too sweet. And the combination of milk chocolate and white chocolate. I died eating that cake. It was SO good. And it was really funny, because 5 of us were splitting these 3 cakes, and this was the first one "finished". But when we got to the last forkful, nobody wanted to take it. Haha. For me, it was because I didn't want to look fat, or rude.

Before we went to the dinner. I went around the blocks with L and O, in search of their secret friend presents. O got his secret friend two chocolate bars (dark!) and he "tattooed" his arms (in marker) with her name, and something we call the morning mantra. And when he presented the gift at the dinner, first he took off his shirt, showed the "tattoos" and then did the morning mantra right in the middle of the restaurant. It was funny. And all good ideas from me and L. So L got her secret friend (one of the bosses) a purple boa feather scarf and a princess tiara, because he has a 2 year old daughter. It had to be one of the bests gifts. (Followed up by the Army Snuggie [and my giftcard, in my opinion]).

And lastly, at the end of dinner Al drove me home with Ke. It was funny though, and weird. Funny because they're great guys and make awesome jokes that make me laugh. But weird because Al swears. I mean, I know it's normal, but he had been my teacher for two years, so it's weird to hear him swearing, on purpose too, not accidentally. Well, not only Al but a lot of the teachers that used to be my teachers. Oh, I forgot, it was also scary because Al drives like a mad man. Well, I don't know. I mean, my dad always drives way too fast. And I guess I've gotten used to it...sometimes. But when I was riding with Al, it wasn't like he was driving faster...but it was scarier. I guess because he's still a teacher figure so I thought he drove more responsibily but he doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment