Sunday, July 18

Walking through Tanabata Trees, On the Bridge, and Karaoke

Today (same day, 7/17/10) I walked through the mall, the specific spots of today's post is 'On the Bridge' cafe and the Tanabata trees.

So these are the Tanabata trees that are up around the mall. The trees are up for the whole month of July even though the Tanabata festival is only one day in July, the 7th. Some wishes pretty much say the same thing, wishing for good health. Some wishes are what people want. It's all the usual, but there are some pretty funny and interesting wishes as well.

This one says, "I wish (insert name) forgets that she gave me her wallet ... and a Jetpack". This wish is annoymous, with no name. I thought it was pretty funny and interesting.

This one is hilarious. "I wish for the strength and courage to defeat Lord Voldemort - Harry Potter". Real funny. And I love the little picture of Harry as well. I don't know who you are, but nice job.

This one is mine. I basically wrote that "My wish is to move to Japan. And to be happy always.". Though I'm pretty sure that I wrote it grammatically incorrect. (And in case you can't tell, I wrote it in Japanese because, yes, I take Japanese at school).

This one is totally cute. It says, "I wish for (insert name) and (insert name) to get together." Signed with a heart. Hmm, I wonder who wrote that.

Here's the last one, and it's a funny one as well. "I wish I can successfully invade Russia -Napoleon". Well, that's it for the Tanabata wishes. Let's move on.

So today I went to Japantown to go Karaoke-ing with my friends. It was originally supposed to be me, A, N and S going. (A had invited all of us) But N, on the night before, cancelled on us saying she was busy. So A told me that this girl that I kind of knew was going to come, Q. So I arrived at the meeting point at 1PM and I saw A and Q. I hugged A and I waved a polite 'hello' to Q.

I asked, "Where's S?" And A told me, "S can't make it today. She has a doctor's appointment."

So I was a bit worried, and less excited about going Karaoke as I didn't really know Q.

First, though, we went to go eat at On the Bridge, because A was hungry (and Q was kind of too). I, on the otherhand, just ate brunch so I wasn't too hungry. Q ordered Jumbo Garlic Potato Fries, which I had last last time I came to Japantown. And A ordered Curry Soba.

A said that she wouldn't be able to finish her soba, so she decided that she would give me some, as I wasn't really going to order anything. It was pretty good. Way better than the one time me and my classmates tried to make our own soba for a class project. Q also offered me one of her fries, which I politely accepted.

The thing I love about On the Bridge, besides good food, is that they have three T.Vs set up, so the customers can watch anime while eating or waiting. That's super cool. The anime on our screen was a movie I wasn't familiar with, but I think it was a Hayao Miyazaki film based on the art work. I also like the interior of On the Bridge, very cute and nice.

So here we are in the Karaoke place, me, A and Q. It was blue. And we had fun. It really was quite fun after all. I probably would've enjoyed it a little bit more if N and S could come too. But being with A and Q was great as well.

That's it for today's post! Check back tomorrow for the 3rd part of today's events!

No comments:

Post a Comment