Saturday, July 24

Walking the Observation Deck

Due to the last few posts (that were all about Japantown), I don't want people to think that this blog is only going to show the cutesy stuff I see. It's more than that, if I were only do cutesy stuff, I would name this blog "Everything Cute" (although there's already a blog with a similar name). So this post is to, mainly, show you that I have a life outside of cuteness.

So, you probably don't know, but I have a "job" this summer, as a volunteer at a summer program I used to attend (I get paid next year though!). This summer program, AH, is super cool. Because of a million reasons, the place is magical. We call teachers by first names, the staff members are younger than at normal schools, only half of the day is spent in classrooms, and classes are (kind of) 4 days a week. The main thing I'm trying to say, besides that the place is awesome, is that classes are only half of the day. So the second half is, "activities". My Monday and Wednesday activity is City Exploration (Tu/Thru is Board Games Plus) so, that's exactly what it is. Exploring the City.

On the 9th of July, we took the kids on a (I'd say) 30 minute walk to the "nearby" museum, DY. At the DY, there's an observation deck, which is like the 9th floor. It's pretty high up, and pretty cool. (Even for me, who has a fear of heights.) I did fine in the first 5 minutes up there, but after a while, my fear of heights started kicking in and I had to stay seated until we were leaving.

Here's a view of the "park" just outside the museum.


Yes, that's me, when I was still doing okay during the first 5 minutes.


Here's a view of the city. It's not that great or interesting, really, but I still think it's kind of cool. (Mainly to myself because I actually "got up there").


Haha, you have to laugh at this. While I was sitting, there was this little kid just lying on the floor. He was the most adorable thing ever! I was watching him about half the time I was sitting (he did get up eventually).


Now this, is pretty cool. It looks so shiny and ...slippery. Haha, oh gosh, stupid fear of heights (or well, of falling...)


We spent about 10-20 minutes here and then we headed back. This got me thinking about Tokyo Tower, which I know has an observation deck way higher. I totally want to go check it out, but then I remember my fear of heights. Well, hopefully, there's somebody that will be with me, so I can grab onto them, and not a total stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment