Wednesday, July 21

Walking in Nippon-ya and Moritaya

Today we walk through the expensive giftshop, Nippon-ya and the cute store Moritaya.

We have an assortment of cute plushies. You can see cute sea animals, such as the pink dolphins, the whale, Nemo and a seahorse. But our focus was on the cute Mt. Fuji plushie. Super kawaii, but unfortunately, I couldn't find his pair. Every Mt. Fuji has a Ms. Fuji (pink), but this Mt. Fuji was a lonely one with no Ms.

Then we have boxes of yummy Japanese dessert erasers, with a red fishy on the cover of the packaging. Adorable! But I don't like to buy erasers (for my collection) in sets, I usually buy them individually at Ichiban'kan and elsewhere in the store. The main reason for that is that some of the stuff in the box, I already have, and sometimes there's just something not too cute or delicious in the box.

Next we have a (badly taken) picture of cow charms. This one, unlike Fuji, has a pair. And not only do they have a pair, they have a pair of twin babies as well! A totally happy family!

Our last charm at Nippon-ya is some good luck fishy charms, that I have no idea what they say. They're probably representing good luck in love (pink), good luck in wealth (yellow) and good luck all around(red). That's what I'd think.

Now in Moritaya, we have some cute (and overly expensive) 'Milk' charms. I believe these are the kinds that you stick in your car window to show off to people, but I can't really remember. These little trinklets, (I'm going to take a wild guess) are about $3 for their cuteness.

We meet Milk's cousin, Tofu. This is a Hannari Tofu Plush doll, coffee version(I'm assuming). I have the green tea version of this Hannari Tofu Plush doll, very adorable. But I think his cousin, Milk, is just as adorable, if not more (Seeing as I like to drink milk more than I like to eat tofu).

Here is Milk and Tofu together at a family reunion. See how happy and smily all of them are. Super adorable, cute and small for a super uncute price of $8.

And now we meet Milk's 2nd cousin removed, Sushi. Sushi is a fairly new addition to the family, to me at least. (Which is why I really wish the picture was taken better). As you can (maybe) see, this is Shrimp Sushi. Not Crab or Califonia Roll, but Shrimp.

Our last stop for today is cute farm animal charms, Cow and Lamb. These two adorable kiddies are the best of friends, and would love it if you bought them both at the same time.

Thanks for coming today! Check back tomorrow for the final Japantown (7/17/10) post!

No comments:

Post a Comment